Human Rights Complaint Procedure
This is one way of dealing with an enterprise that refuses to respect your human rights. Ideally, you should first try communicating with the business owner and get them to respect your rights.
It saves a lot of time and energy for both of you. Because the reality is, it is "everyone" (customers, small business, etc) versus the small group of evil people orchestrating this
worldwide, trying to close down small business, remove jobs and funnel customers into big box retailers. However, if reason does not work, this is one possible avenue to
getting a business owner on your side.
One Possible Procedure for Filing a
Human Rights Complaint (3rd Party Submission Article)
1. If you get turned down or kicked out of an establishment, restaurant, school, etc document it.
2. Call the human rights commission. 18003879080 (Ontario, Canada)
3. Make a complaint and get a file number.
4. Use that file number and make a statement based on your documentation.
5. The human rights commission may serve them papers.
6. The enterprise may receive a judgement (payment) because the human rights commission may remind them that no business private or public can discriminate against anyone based on religion, race and any health reasons.
7. If there are a number of cases overwhelming an establishment, they may begin to respect the human rights, allow everyone inside, and begin fight back against this tyranny.